E-Commerce ManagerAffiliate Program ManagementSearch Engine OptimizationSearch Engine MarketingSocial Media MarketingContract NegotiationsResource
ManagementProject ManagementBuilding ConsensusVendor ManagementConversion OptimizationBudgetingAnalyticsAdwordsForecasting
Strategic and highly technical hands-on SEO Manager with a record of initiative, results, creative and forward-thinking SEO branding strategies that drive online traffic, online sales, and search engine optimization. Outgoing problem solver who builds strong internal and external relationships through exemplary communication and project management skills that drive an SEO strategy forward while maximizing ROI and increasing rank of natural search listings. Strong ability to engage IT team, learn new systems, analyze data, manage large-scale technical issues, optimize site architecture, identify new market opportunities, improve organic rankings, manage vendors, manage resources and coordinate timelines.
- Web Design
- MCSE 4.0(retired)
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- CCNA Security
- Various CMS Platforms
- NT 4.0 Workstation
- Six Sigma
- Database Design
- Win 7 Desktop
- Disaster Recovery Professional
- Windows NT , 98 , 2000 , 2003 , XP, 2008 , Vista , Win 7 , SBS
- Adobe Photoshop , Premier , Dreamweaver , Flash
- Sony Vegas
- HTML , CSS , Java Script , MySql
- Java , SQL , Oracle
- VMware , Solarwinds , Wireshark , Nessus , Metasploit , NMAP & various other Pen testing tools
- Google Analytics , Omniture , Coremetrics
- Paid Search: Google , Twitter , Facebook , 2nd Life , Yahoo , Bing & various other web properties.
- A/B Multivvariate testing methodologies
- Opentext (Vignette), Adobe, Joomla. Drupal, Wordpress, Typo3, Movable Type, Mambo, Sharpoint
SR. SEO/SEM ANALYST
March 2010 - Present
Conceptualized and implemented new strategies and online marketing programs to increase traffic and revenue through SEO on over 55 different B2B and B2C websites. Serve as a subject matter expert for Google, viral marketing, social media marketing, and general SEO/SEM. Consult and guide executives and managers of various business units on SEO concepts, best practices and goals. Work closely with internal and external departments to implement SEO goals and measure business unit satisfaction with results.
- Optimized and managed Adword campaigns and monthly Google spend in excess of 6 figures (actual dollar figure withheld due to NDA).
- Maximized paid search budgets by significantly increasing CTR (click-thru-rate), number of clicks and conversions, while decreasing CPC (cost-per-click) and overall spend.
- Leveraged web analytics and managed KPI's to rank effectively with targeted keywords and ability to match with relevant landing pages.
- Established and implemented Link Building campaigns and SEO strategy, optimized site architecture, and increased organic search engine rankings through search engine ranking factors, algorithms and principals to maximize program profits.
- Conduct telephone and in-person SEO/paid search training sessions to executives and staff of various business units.
- Analyzed website content of various business units and generated business cases for content and design changes that would enhance SERP’s (Search Engine Ranking Positions).
- Optimized various website components including meta tags, navigation, content, linking, and site maps. Implemented a strategic SEO initiative that drove more than 370,000 unique visitors per week with less than a 35% bounce rate to the website and an average time on site of over 3:50 minutes
- Conceptualized, developed and delivered dashboards used for graphical understanding of data for daily, quarterly and annual reviews by executives and different business units.
- Increased CAT.com organic visitor traffic by 142% overall and 141% for unique visitors. Increased search phrases visitors used to find site by 272%. Unique keywords and phrases used to organically find the site increased from 33,832 in January to 92,441 in October, 2011.
- Increased caterpillar.com organic visitor traffic by 181% overall and 175% for unique visitors. Increased search phrases and keywords used to find the site by 253%. Increased social media visitors from 308 average per month in January to 4,418 per month average in October, 2011.
- Caterpillar ACI Award Recipient For improvenments to Cat.com and Caterpillar.com Search Engine Optimization.
OWNER / SEO MANAGER
Pill Free Vitamins
April 2003 - Present
Led all operations for a new highly profitable start-up online Nutritional Supplement retail business. Implemented site security and monitored Internet facing web server for possible intrusions. Developed website, SEO and social media strategy from the ground up—performed in-depth market research, built pages in PhotoShop and Flash, and utilized page optimization, titles, keywords, and
online marketing strategies through dig, twitter, and other social networking tools to maintain high SEO analytics. Developed strong KPIs and marketing analysis—utilized Google analytics to develop reporting tools to forecast future SEO strategy and to leverage future online strategy with analytic results.
- Implemented a strategic SEO initiative that drove more than 95,000 unique visitors with less than a 40% bounce rate to the website per week.
- Built an E-Commerce website from the ground up that consistently ranked #1 in Google for keywords that offered more than 4 million results for more than 5 years.
- Recruited, mentored, and motivated more than 50 distributors to set and manage business goals and personal growth criteria.
- Designed internet business building techniques training and presented content to large public audiences.
- Pioneered an exceptionally profitable E-Commerce that grew from zero to $360,000 in net sales in only 4 years.
- Conceptualized Internet security plan with secured Apache web and mail server with consistent patch applications, developed security documentation, performed monthly reviews for compliance, and performed regular penetration testing for internal and external networks.
- Managed an annual $100,000 web advertising/paid search budget and a separate $26,000 marketing budget.
- Consistently ranked #1 in sales and outsold thousands of distributors in five countries worldwide—top volume producer in sales for 72 consecutive months.
Web Designer / SEO Manager
April 2003 - Present
LConceptualized and implemented new strategies and online marketing programs to increase traffic and revenue through SEO. Leveraged web analytics and managed ranking effectively with targeted keywords and ability to match with relevant content pages.
- Leverage personal relationships with SEO industry experts on algorithm changes and new ranking techniques.
- Built from the ground up B2C e-commerce websites and implemented SEO plans, while making adjustments as necessary for KPIs with various demographics.
- Designed and developed a proprietary application used to chart and analyze specific SEO strategies needed to increase desired rankings of targeted keywords.
Director of IT
March 1999 - April 2003
Directed an IT staff of 85 personnel of separate support teams for system administration, Help Desk support, Hardware training, application specialists, and sales support for six locations. Spearheaded recruitment, hiring, and discipline of resources. Managed an IT budget of more than $350,000. Administered and supported a 6-node, 450-client Windows 95/98/NT/2000 and Macintosh Network; configured, administered and supported of TCP/IP. Provided problem-solving analysis and resolved end-user issues and complaints. Configured, administered and supported exchange server and clients and supported all MS Office clients using IMAP and an active directory.
- Spearheaded the implementation and testing of systems before production deployment—managed deployment, administered and supported Oracle 11.0.3 CRM, human resource and finance applications.
- Led support area and the implementation of more than 500 workstations—developed automatic installations, upgrades, and built machines.
- Established technology policies and procedures and ensured compliance.
- Conceptualized and implemented security policies—implemented patch upgrades, locked down systems for end-user desktops, configured firewall and implemented a disaster recovery plan.
- Developed RFPs and negotiated contracts, managed vendors and worked with IBM and AT&T to negotiate pricing for hardware and cell phone contracts
Network Support Specialist/Desktop Applications Team Leader/Senior Software Developer
February 1996 - March 1999
Led learning design and development team—assigned projects, developed timelines, delegated tasks, and managed resource availability. Managed more than 100 projects and a high output of CBT development. Worked on material from the initiation of ideas through completion and implementation. Developed learning concepts and scripts, a testing plan and a quality assurance management plan. Worked cross-functionally with other departments to ensure all resources, testing, and implementation plans were ready.
Western Governors University4001 South 700 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84107 43606 U.S.A.
Bachelor of Science, IT - Security