5 massive SEO and Content Shifts you Need to Master with 10 Ultimate SEO Tools For Business Owners
5 Massive SEO and Content Shifts you Need to Master with 10 Ultimate SEO Tools For Business Owners
What can today’s industry shifts tell us about the future of SEO and content marketing? Columnist Jim Yu discusses some current trends and their implications.
Google has thrown a lot at marketers in just the last five years. All of these big changes — from rolling out major algorithm updates to shifting to mobile-first — have essentially had the same goal: to provide the best possible search experience to users. Google wants to show users the best content at the right time on the right device as quickly as possible.
Some marketers have struggled to keep up with and adapt to these huge changes. Meanwhile, other brands are thriving. Why? Because they have learned to stay ahead of Google’s ever-evolving algorithms by focusing on content and quality.
Smart marketers know that they must have similar goals to Google. That means providing content that resonates, engages and converts — wherever, whenever and however consumers discover it.
It’s important to not just look at where Google is today, but where Google is heading over the next six months, next year and beyond. If you can stay ahead of these momentous shifts, you can stay ahead of Google and your competition to dominate online in your industry.
The future in search is now. It’s time to start thinking forward — and fast! Below are five SEO shifts that you need to master as we head into the latter part of this year.
1. From SEO to ‘SEO and content convergence’
Just as content alone isn’t enough to guarantee SEO success, SEO alone isn’t enough to guarantee that people will find and engage with your content. Data is helping marketers understand consumer intent to create intelligent content that aligns with the customer journey to deliver a successful and memorable experience.
How marketers can master this shift:
- Ensure your content creation is based on data. Content marketing without data lacks purpose. Define the audience, engagement and conversion metrics that matter to your brand. Track and measure these to gain the insights you need to create meaningful content that people want to consume and improve future content marketing efforts.
- Foster search, social and content synergy. In combination, organic search, social and content help brands achieve their goals and objectives. Creating high-quality content with SEO in mind from the beginning boosts search visibility. That great content can then be further amplified via social media, which creates demand you can later harvest via search.
- Maximize your search engine results page (SERP) footprint. Create and optimize high-ROI content like articles, videos, and infographics to help people (by answering important or popular questions or providing practical information) or capitalize on trendy topics. Then help your brand further stand out in the SERPs by winning real estate with featured snippets, site links, related questions, images, videos, and tweets.
2. From mobile to mobile-first
For years, Google told marketers about the coming shift to mobile first — and it finally arrived in 2015, when mobile searches surpassed desktop. Today, optimizing for mobile search, devices and usability is no longer optional. It’s mandatory. Your brand must be mobile-ready if you want to capitalize on mobile micro-moments.
How marketers can master this shift:
- Recognize that this is a mobile-first world. Brands that aren’t mobile-optimized see 68 percent less traffic, according to BrightEdge research (my company). This means that understanding mobile user behavior and intent is essential today. Make sure your mobile experience meets (but ideally exceeds) expectations, or you risk losing market share and revenue to the competition.
- Consider contextual mobile content. Focus on creating content that mobile users want and will find valuable. Typically, mobile users are in research mode — they are searching for information they need or they need some inspiration. Make sure your brand is there and influences that decision when they’re ready to convert, which is more likely to be on desktop or in store than on a smartphone.
3. From local to hyperlocal
The hyperlocal opportunity has never been greater for marketers. Hyperlocal targeting lets you reach people based on their location. This is an excellent way for brands to capitalize on “near me” searches and “I-want-to-go” micro-moments and become hyper-relevant and hyper-valuable.
How marketers can master this shift:
- Own local search. Make sure critical contact information that people search for is prominent or easy to find. This includes name, address, phone, hours and directions.
- Hyperlocal optimization = hyper-important. Google’s personalized hyperlocal results give more visibility to smaller geographic locations. Optimize your Google My Business page, create localized content and landing pages, use local business Schema markup and monitor the performance of your local keyword rankings.
- Understand the intersection of local and mobile. People who do local searches on smartphones have higher intent: 50 percent of smartphone users will visit a business or store within a day, according to Google. Optimizing for local also means optimizing for users who are on the go. These people have different needs and expectations than those doing local searches on other devices.
4. From text to voice
About 20 to 25 percent of mobile queries are voice searches, depending on who you believe at Google. Although it’s clearly far too soon to declare the death of text searches, voice search is an emerging area marketer need to pay attention to heading forward. Voice search will continue to rise as consumer adoption of virtual assistants (e.g., Siri, Alexa) increases.
How marketers can master this shift:
- More voice searches, more answers. Voice search will bring different types of search results because the majority of voice searches are questions (who, what, where, when, why, how). Fortunately for marketers, these questions also reveal user intent. Identify high-intent keywords, and optimize content that answers these questions to ensure your brand will be found in the changing SERPs.
- Urge to voice search rising. People are adopting voice search because it is now more accurate and useful than ever — it is faster and easier than typing on a smartphone keyboard. By 2020, 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches, according to a forecast from comScore. Identify and provide content in a format that meets the needs of these types of searchers.
- Get smart about intelligent agents. Many voice searches happen at home, in addition to in the car or on the go, resulting in a more connected world. These intelligent agents are using semantics, search history and user interests and behaviors to provide the best results. So, make sure content is aligned with the intent and interests of customers at the right moment of the decision journey. Be the best answer. Forrester analyst Collin Colburn shares some great insights on this topic in this Forrester blog.
5. From data to machine learning
Google relies in part on machine learning, in the form of RankBrain, to make sense of the massive amounts of data and deliver the best possible search results for users. As marketers, we, too, must turn to machine learning to understand the intent, interests, and behavior of our audience so we can deliver and personalize the content that they want.
How marketers can master this shift:
- View data as a source of truth. Martech stacks are being built around data integrations and performance because we simply have too much data and not enough analysts or hours in the day to make sense of it all. To capitalize on demand, spot patterns and stay ahead of the competition, marketers need to go beyond the “what” of data to understand the “when” and “why” of analytics.
- Utilize AI & machine learning. Machine learning helps marketers spend less time analyzing data and more time creating content that will engage and influence prospects and customers. Let AI and machine learning deliver actionable insights about your audience and content performance.
- Define metrics and measurement. Data allows marketers to make better and more accurate decisions more quickly. Define the metrics that matter to your brand, and monitor your search and content data. This will allow you to track your progress, iterate and improve your content production and organic search optimization for greater visibility and greater share of voice.
With $80 billion forecast to be spent annually on SEO — and content marketing set to be a $300+ billion industry by 2019 — it might be tempting for stakeholders to view SEO and content marketing as cost centers rather than revenue centers. This would be a mistake. SEO and data are essential for a successful integrated digital strategy with a tangible ROI. By understanding the five points above and always measuring your results, you will be able to demonstrate that creating effective, engaging, intelligent content is the path to revenue and truly worth the investment.
10 Ultimate SEO Tools For Business Owners and Agencies | Marketing Insider Group
Many business owners and agencies understand that SEO is very important for the success of their online business Websites with the strong SEO perform well in search generate more traffic and sales.
10 Ultimate All-Inclusive SEO Tools For Business Owners and Agencies
Many business owners and agencies understand that SEO is very important for the success of their online business Web sites with the strong SEO perform well in search generate more traffic and sales.
Many business owners ask what the best SEO tools are. To tell the truth, there is no a cookie-cutter answer to this question. You know that every business is absolutely different and has various needs and requirements.
The good news is that there are a number of fantastic all-in-one tools for business owners that can be essential to the SEO success. So, today I want to show you top 10 all-inclusive SEO platforms that can help business owners to plan, manage and estimate their efforts.
#1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is one of the most powerful online SEO tools for business owners and agencies. This all-in-one platform provides organic, mobile and maps rank tracking, extensive backlink analysis and monitoring, advanced on-page SEO audit and reporting, detailed competitor research, keyword research and grouping, and other useful features.
With SE Ranking, you can quickly get the overall picture of your SEO activities that you need to have implemented and improved. Apart from universal tools, the platform offers a bunch of additional features such as online Marketing Plan, White Label, API, Page Changes Monitoring that bring extra special tools to the professionals within the same platform and interface.
One more incentive about SE Ranking is that the tool provides flexibility on pricing. You can easily negotiate a personalized plan that suits your budget and requirements. You can also easily move your projects to SE Ranking from other platforms – they offer an stp-by-step algorithm to follow or will do it for you completely free of charge.
At the enterprise level, the tool may attract agencies with a lot of keywords to get regular keyword rankings for clients without the need to install proxy servers, especially if they don’t want the logistical difficulty of downloading and keeping thousands of keyword rankings on a regular basis.
QuickSprout founded by Neil Patel offers a fabulous suite of SEO tools including web analyzer, competitor research and social media analysis. The tool gives the big picture of key factors on your website and shows possible ways and opportunities how you can outreach main competitors. These three built-in tools can give some positive recommendations and useful suggestions where you probably miss out on using them.
QuickSprout also provides helpful tips how to speed up your website, sends you easy-to-understand alerts about any website improvements and changes and shows your analytics data with a clear view of what’s going on your site.
BrightLocal is a good all-inclusive platform for local SEO that provides complete reports on website ranking, backlinks, citations, reviews, competitors and has an integration with Facebook, Google Analytics and Twitter.
The fact that it’s great to use BrightLocal under on solution what really saves your money and time. It shows not only your rankings against your local competitors, but also provides useful suggestions how to improve rankings and outperform your rivals.
All findings are presented in a professional and clear PDF report where covers 6 fields of local SEO: Google +Local, on-site SEO, social media, Local listings, etc. You can also increase your branding, add the logo to these reports and show them your clients.
CubeStat is a free tool to calculate and estimate daily pageviews, daily ads revenue and website worth. The tool allows you show accurate information and estimation available for the present domain.
Every added domain gets estimations and statistics update every 2 weeks. CubeStat provides a lot of data in a handy list style about backlinks, Google indexed pages, Dmoz mentions, Alexa, Quantcast, Compete rank and Whois data.
Conductor is a perfect content marketing and SEO platform that helps business owners and marketers reach out and grab their clients with catching content and provides with competitive research, content performance tracking, on-page SEO audit, rank tracking, keyword research and reporting. Conductor collects data intended with the aim of helping customers transform their brand.
One of the advantages is an excellent support from Conductor. Their dedicated team of experts works on an ongoing basis and helps customers increase the effectiveness of provided information to improve website visibility in search.
SheerSEO is all-in-one SEO software that automates your SEO efforts including rank tracking, backlink monitoring, on-page SEO audit and social media management. The tool is integrated with Google Analytics to better understand your data and increase search volume. The tool provides with extensive SEO reports for your project with detailed link analysis, website ranking, social mentions and historical graphics.
SheerSEO is perfectly designed for online business owners and agencies. It provides good tracking services and SEO analytics. Before using it, you need to install it on your laptop and make the best of it. It has a simple interface, especially for newbies.
#7. Colibri IO
Colibri.IO is a great tool that helps you measure your content marketing and SEO and monitor any mentions about your website and your competitors via social media, reviews, forums and blogs. The tool allows you to interact with users in different discussions to build up good relationships, offer your services and improve your brand awareness. Colibri.IO is integrated with Google Analytics that shows more insights and stats how your projects perform and identify the best conversion channels.
#8. SEO DIVER
SEO DIVER offers a suite of tools to monitor and analyze search engine reach of your website and competitors, perform keyword and backlink research and find out key influencers in your niche. The tool allows clients optimize websites and online shops and make them more efficient and targeted.
SEO DIVER has a huge database of over 77 million domains in search engines and over 300 million keywords. Unlike above-mentioned tools, this platform monitors and analyzes search behavior of real search requests on top of statistical and extrapolated data.
#9. Work Examiner
Work Examiner is a perfect monitoring tool for business owners and agencies to track all important internet activities of your team, including SEO. The tool is good for those who wants to increase work effectiveness and achieve good results on clients’ projects. It works in silent mode and keeps track of important tasks.
Work Examiner tracks how much time your members spend on certain websites and tasks and what search queries they are looking for content usable for their projects. You can also monitor their emails and instant messages in real time with captured screenshots. One of the best options is that you don’t need to be tied to your computer, you can do that anywhere you are at any time.
GTmetrix is one of the most useful tools that analyzes your website speed and performance optimization and helps your website make it faster. The tool shows you data and insight on how well your site loads and gives useful tips how to improve it. It is easy to use it: just add your URL into a certain field and you will get a speed score and actionable recommendations.
By Jim Yu